Intensive Training for Experienced Boot Techs
An intensive, two-day session with extensive hands-on skills practice. Packed with practical information you can use to immediately improve business. Customize your learning with frequent breakout sessions on core topics including snowboard bootfitting, stance alignment and canting, boot stretching and grinding…and more! For experienced boot techs, Certified Pedorthists and Certified Athletic Trainers. Tuition includes instruction, copy of The Bootfitting Bible, lunch daily, free pair of custom insoles.
MasterFit University’s Masters Course qualifies for:
- American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics & Pedorthics(ABC)
- Board for Orthotist/ Prosthetist Certification (BOC)
- National Athletic Trainers’ Assn. Board for Certification (BOC)
- PSIA-East— update credit
See the Continuing Education Info page for more details!
Tuition: $435 / €440
EXAMINATION & ANALYSIS
- Understanding how a boot should fit.
- How to determine proper flex from a quick physiological exam. Beginners don’t always need soft-flexing boots—and experts don’t necessarily benefit from stiff ones.
- How much pronation is really good for skiing and snowboarding.
- Why checking ankle flexion is the single most important thing you can do.
- Fitting and modification strategies that compensate for excessive or limited ankle flexion.
- How you can diagnosis a customer’s weak side turn without ever seeing him on snow—and improve it immediately!
- Tricks for eliminating nerve impingements and hot spots.
- Five common fit and stance problems—and how you can easily correct them.
ADVANCED BOOT MODIFICATION TECHNIQUES
- When to grind, when to stretch. They aren’t interchangeable.
- Retrofit strategies for increasing boot width by a size or more–with only a pocketknife!
- Quick fixes for instep fit problems. Secure loose heels and floating feet in seconds!
- How to compensate for short lasted liners.
- Race room techniques for altering boot flex.
- Sure-fire ways to tell exactly when a boot is hot enough to stretch.
- How you can improve hard shell boot stretches and eliminate plastic melt-downs forever—for only a penny!
- How to easily stretch boot cuffs with a $2 tool you can make yourself in 5 minutes!
- Which boots to avoid fitting your customers in when modifications are necessary—and which will make your job a snap.
- How to ensure warm feet in cold sports.
- The difference between in the boot and under binding canting techniques. They’re not interchangable!
- When to balance, when to fill.
- When to use toe lifts.
- How to make a boot stand more upright.
- Why some people can’t be canted.
- Are heel lifts overrated?
- How ski shapes and binding delta affect the balance equation.
- The differences between full weight bearing, semi-weight bearing and non-weight bearing casting techniques and how they affect skiers and snowboarders.
- Hands-on casting, grinding and interfacing experience.
- Properly balancing a footbed with professional posting techniques.
- How grinding lines make footbed finishing a snap!
- How to tell if a footbed is ground pronated or neutral.
- How to install metatarsal pads.
- Feathering and finishing techniques that make your footbeds look great and work better.
- Mold and grind your own pair of custom insoles!